An Attempt to Live in the 21st Century

Despite all the love I have for The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, and Little Feat, I actually do like some music produced in the twenty-first century. So to prove it to you, here are some sensational songs and their best lyrics, all of which have been released after 2000. Maybe even 2010.

Some notes on the artists:
Lorde - I know she gets a lot of hate for being overrated and apparently bratty and all, but her music makes me feel edgy and pumped up and sassy.
Sia - I understand why she doesn't like to show her face. I've read her Wikipedia page and she seems like a sort of tortured creative genius who manages to find happiness. Also the music for Elastic Heart is a little odd and got a bunch of mean comments, but I linked it below anyways, so you can watch it if you want.
Glass Animals - They have such unexpected sounds and lyrics, it's mesmerizing. My dance teacher is convinced that they will be the next big thing and I agree, but just as a warning their music videos are pretty wild.
Vance Joy - I've only heard two of his songs but I didn't like the other one.
Hozier - Another dance teacher find when we did a combination to Work Song, this past week I've been completely obsessed with his soulful, rock and roll, haunting melodies. And also with his Irish accent.

I have Youtube videos for each song linked in each title.

Ribs - Lorde "Laughing 'till our ribs get tough"
Glory and Gore - Lorde "Tired little laughs, gold lie promises"
The Love Club - Lorde "I'm sitting pretty on the throne, there's nothing more I want, except to be alone"
Yellow Flicker Beat - Lorde "I never watch the stars there's so much down here"
Elastic Heart - Sia "You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace"
Gooey - Glass Animals "You just want to know those peanut butter vibes"
Riptide - Vance Joy "This cowboy's running from himself"
Work Song - Hozier "She gives me toothaches just from kissin' me"
To Be Alone - Hozier "I feel like a person for a moment of my life"
From Eden - Hozier "Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword
Innocence died screaming, honey, ask me I should know"
Like Real People Do - Hozier "I will not ask and neither should you"
It Will Come Back - Hozier "Don't give it a hand, offer it a soul"
Foreigner's God - Hozier - "All that I've been taught And every word I've got Is foreign to me"
Cherry Wine - Hozier "Open hand or closed fist would be fine"
Someone New - Hozier "There's an art to life's distractions"

Okay, I hope you guys enjoy these songs cause I do immensely. If you have any songs that you like by these artists, other songs like it, or just general comments, you know where to put them!



Image creds to The Line of Best Fit
Image creds to Irish Times

Image creds to TrendingMp3
Image creds to Sunset in the Rearview
Image creds to Wikipedia


Comments

Popular Posts